Get There! Federation’s Teen & Young Adult Travel Fund
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit’s unique Get There! program provides funding to help defray costs on trips to Israel, making it possible for more young people to experience a life-changing journey. Available for a wide variety of programs, Get There! travel grants help young Detroiters build a lasting foundation of Jewish identity.
The program is open to Jewish residents of Metro Detroit between the ages of 13 and 28 years old and participating in an educational program for up to 13 months. Get There! is an ideal source of supplementary funding for gap year programs, study abroad opportunities, volunteer work, internships, school trips, university and more!
The Get There! applications are now fully online. The links below will take you to the online portal where you can make an account, edit, view, and share your application in one easy place.
Federation currently offers two kinds of grants; an Incentive Grant and a Need Based Grant. Each applicant may only be awarded one grant from the Get There! fund; either an Incentive Grant or a Need Based Grant, but not both. All applications must be submitted at least 6-weeks before departure. Please find the eligibility requirements below.
» Questions? Email Jaime Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (248) 205-2561.
Ben Teitel Incentive Grant: Click here.
Due to our scholarship approval process, please allow 4-12 weeks to hear back from us. Please see dates below to know when to expect an answer.
- Applications received between December 2nd and March 1st will hear by April 1st.
- Applications received between March 2nd and June 1st will hear by July 1st.
- Applications received between June 2nd and September 1st will hear by October 1st.
- Applications received between September 2nd and December 1st will hear by January 1st.
Need Based Grant: Click here.
Due to our scholarship approval process, please allow 4-16 weeks to hear back from us. Please see dates below to know when to expect an answer.
- Applications received between January 2nd and May 1st will hear by June 1st.
- Applications received between May 2nd and September 1st will hear by October 1st.
- Applications received between September 2nd and January 1st will hear by February 1st.