The Centennial Fund is for individuals and families who wish to support the future of our local and international Jewish community, and offers a variety of giving opportunities. Donations may be made as both lifetime and testamentary gifts, and can be designated towards single or multiple areas of focus throughout the community and abroad.
Areas of Focus
Providing for the security and well-being of the vulnerable members in our community is a core priority of the Centennial Fund. This includes:
- Support for older Jewish adults, including in-home services, escorted transportation, affordable housing and adult day care programs.
- Support for individuals and families at-risk, children and youth, unemployed or underemployed adults, hospice care patients, and individuals with special needs.
Jewish Identity and Education
The Centennial Fund will ensure that Jews throughout the community are given the knowledge, skills, experiences and values needed to embrace a vibrant Jewish life.
- Emphasis is on Jewish culture and history, the Hebrew language, connection to Israel and Jewish values and traditions.
- Will impact Jewish day schools, Special Education programs, Early Childhood Development programs, Camping experiences, BBYO, College Campus Hillels, Community Birthright Israel, Jewish Family Education and Jewish Adult Education.
Global Jewish Responsibility
Helping Jews in need and building Jewish peoplehood in Israel and around the world is an integral part of the Detroit Jewish community and must remain a source of our strength.
- Impact includes the following areas: Response to global crises, aid to at-risk populations, Jewish community-building around the world, enriching our strategic partnership with Israel, and missions and people-to-people exchange programs.
PACE (Perpetual Annual Campaign Endowment) & Legacy
Maintaining Federation’s Annual Campaign and providing the means to address emergency and unforeseen critical needs is vital in securing the core services and safety-net of our community.
- PACE represents permanent gifts to support Federation’s Annual Campaign.
- Legacy is Federation’s unrestricted fund to support emergency and unanticipated needs in the future.
The Centennial Fund will have the following established giving categories:
- Founder Level: $10 million and above
- Trustee Level: $5 million to $9,999,999
- Benefactor Level: $1 million to $4,999,999
- Partner Level: $100,000 to $999,999
- Supporter Level: $99,999 and below
The Centennial Fund is not only for those able to make gifts at the Partner Level and above, but also for members of the community at the “Supporter Level” ($99,999 and below) who wish to contribute towards this essential effort to provide for our Jewish future in Detroit. Funds are raised through both Lifetime and Testamentary gifts.
Federation’s professional development team would be happy to answer your questions and help you learn how to participate in the Centennial Fund. Please feel free to contact any of the individuals below.
Director, Planned Giving
Director, Charitable Gift Planning
Director, Jewish Community Endowment Fund
Senior Endowment Development Manager
Director, Major Gifts