You must complete this waiver in order to register. You will be redirected back to the registration page once you click “Submit.”
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY – READ BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Detroit Ride for the Living and its related events and activities (the “Event”), the undersigned individual (“I”) as of the date set forth below, hereby knowingly, voluntarily acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this Event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis, death, and severe social and economic loss, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND COVENENT NOT TO SUE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS (a) the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit; (b) NEXTGen Detroit; (c) Israel and Overseas;(d) the United Jewish Foundation; (e) the Jewish Community Center of Metro Detroit; and (f) all of their employees, principals, directors, members, managers, affiliates, volunteers, officials and representatives acting for and on behalf of the entities, organizations or divisions (collectively and individually referred to herein as the “Sponsor”), if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property associated with my presence or participation, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SPONSORS OR THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including all claims, actions, damages, liability, costs, loses and expense of every nature and kind whatsoever, including without limitation, attorney fees, court costs and the actual expense of litigation relative thereto; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR INACTION OF THE SPONSORS OR THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation and understand that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time; and,
- I represent and warrant to Sponsor and/or the Releasees that I have the necessary training, experience, knowledge and education and am physically and mentally capable of participating in the Event; and,
- I understand Sponsor and or the Releasees are not responsible for the condition of the roadway, racecourse, bike trail, track and/or property on which the Event is conducted and that the same were not designed or intended for activities associated with the Event.
Additionally, I understand that the Sponsor and/or the Releasees are not responsible for the condition of the equipment, bicycle and wheels which I provide for use and/or which is provided to me for use at the Event and I assume all liability and responsibility for the condition thereof and acknowledge that the same was not provided by the Sponsors and/or the Releasees; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of Sponsor and/or the Releasees immediately; and,
- The releases, waivers and indemnities set forth herein are intended to, and shall be, deemed interpreted, construed and enforced as the fullest, broadest and most complete indemnities, releases and waivers permitted by law or in equity and if any provision set forth in this Release shall be considered unenforceable, all other provisions shall continue in full force and effect. This agreement shall continue in full force and effect and shall not be merged, extinguished or modified except on the express written and executed agreement of the parties and shall apply to any event or program offered by Sponsor or the Releasees now and in the future.