Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit’s We Need to Talk and Women’s Philanthropy Tikkun Olam Volunteers Presents
Coping Kits Supplies Drive
- Various Dropoff Locations
- Amy Wayne - (248) 203-1483 firstname.lastname@example.org
October 12, 2021 – October 31, 2021
Stress isn’t just for adults. With peer pressure, the anxiety brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and growing up in today’s hyper-competitive culture, our kids are feeling it too. But there’s an easy way you can help.
In the spirit of Tikkun Olam, we’re collecting supplies for the social workers at our Jewish day schools to help our K-12 kids and teens cope and keep a certain sense of calm. Here’s a list of the items we need:
- Stress Balls
- Fidget toys (bendeez, pop its, spinners, etc)
- Coloring utensils
- Small notepads
- Glitter wands
It’s super stress free to help.
You can bring your items to any Federation Women’s Philanthropy event you attend between now and October 31, or to one of our contactless drop-off locations. There’s even a way to donate funds to the drive if you’re out of town or would like us to purchase on your behalf.
We are also collecting handwritten notes for frontline workers; it’s easy to do! These can be dropped off at the same locations as the coping kit supplies.
- Grab whatever notecards/greeting cards/stationery with envelopes you have around the house (or buy new).
- Jot down a message of encouragement and appreciation for all they do. See sample messages below. Use these or add your own flair!
- Three cards per person are requested so that we can hand deliver across 5 agencies (JARC, JFS, JSL, JVS and Kadima)
Sample notecard messages. Please choose one per card:
- “Sending thanks and warm thoughts.”
- “I am thankful for your commitment to caring for our community.”
- “Thank you for all that you do. It is appreciated.”
Drop off locations are the same for both coping kit supplies and frontline worker cards. Please register so we can send you the drop-off locations (some are private residences) and updates.