Federation Announces Israel Emergency Fund
July 11, 2014 | Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
Our Israeli brothers and sisters need our support now.
Your Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit, collaborating with the Jewish Federations of North America, the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, the Jewish Agency for Israel, etc. and the Israeli government, is declaring a necessary ISRAEL EMERGENCY FUNDimmediately to provide the nation with critical financial assistance.
Please donate here.
Hamas has fired nearly 400 rockets since June 12, 2014, the day three innocent Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and murdered. Rockets have reached Tel Aviv, the entire Gush Dan area, Jerusalem, and as far as Zichron Yaakov. Thankfully, to date,there have been no serious physical injuries to Israelis. The entire nation is being impacted, especially thousands of Jewish children, seniors, and other vulnerable populations. Psychological and property damage has been very significant.
Kol Yisrael Arevim Zeh La’zeh, All Jews are responsible one for the other. Please donate and help provide social service and emergency needs relief to thousands of Jews in harms way. Your dollars will fill gaps the Israeli government cannot currently support.
- Impact 40,000 Jewish kids being transported to the North, where they will have much needed respite from sirens and bomb shelters
- Fund temporary relief from rocket attacks for thousands of children and their families
- Continue to support the Fund for Victims of Terror
- Address wide-spread trauma issues for individuals, families, and communities
- Support communal resilience in towns that are under constant threat
- Leverage Federation knowledge in the field and support critical and emerging social service needs
Thank you for your immediate and continuing support. All of us stand strong with Israel and the Jewish people. It is one of Federation’s essential responsibilities. Together, as a united community and one people, we will make a difference and pray for a quick ceasefire and peace.
Jewish Population Study begins January 14, 2018
December 26, 2017
JPM: A Letter to the Community from the Jewish Federation
December 20, 2017
Mourning the Loss of Eugene Applebaum
December 15, 2017
Metro Detroit Jewish Organizations Denounce Passage of Divestment Resolution at University of Michigan
November 15, 2017