1000 Children Expected to Attend This Year’s Matzah Factory
February 12, 2013 | Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
The Barbara and Douglas Bloom Matzah Factory will be held March 10-17 in conjunction with Shalom Street, the JCC, NextGen and Bais Chabad. We anticipate 1000 children coming through the doors!
New this year:
- Groups will begin in the Greenberg Suite to learn about life in Egypt and begin their journey from slavery to freedom.
- Visitors will travel to the bakery to quickly make Matzah before their exodus.
- After baking Matzah visitors will cross through the Red Sea to freedom, where they will enter the land of Israel in Shalom Street’s “Passport to Israel” exhibit.
- Multiple evening programs are being planned, including a PJ Library event on Wednesday, March 13 in the evening and an Adult Learning Experience on Thursday, March 14 in the evening.
- Collaborations with SPARC and NextGen Families are in the works.
JPM: A Letter to the Community from the Jewish Federation
December 20, 2017
Mourning the Loss of Eugene Applebaum
December 15, 2017
Metro Detroit Jewish Organizations Denounce Passage of Divestment Resolution at University of Michigan
November 15, 2017
Support the Effort to Defeat BDS on Campus at U of M
November 10, 2017