Current NIRIM Student? Click here to login.
The Alliance provides Teacher Training to Jewish educators. The Educational Services Department directly serves 5,500 students and 300 teachers.
- In 2013–14: 150 congregational teachers participate in on-going Nirim workshops.
- 180 early childhood educators attended an annual day-long conference.
- 200 day school educators participated in the annual Day School Conference.
There is no charge to teachers for these in-service opportunities.
- In August 2013 the Alliance sponsored the 4th S.E.E.D. Conference for Jewish educators here in Detroit. The conference attracted 300 participants.
- The Alliance provides professional development for congregational school directors as well as early childhood directors. Educational directors participate in an annual retreat for honing skills and other growth opportunities year-round.
- Through its CSI: Detroit initiative,(Congregational School Initiative) the Alliance offers congregational schools funding to implement school improvements that were recommended in their synagogue’s assessment reports. CSI is funded by the Hermelin Davidson Center for Congregational Excellence.
- Through CSI2 (Congregational School Improvement and Innovation) the Alliance provides nine congregations with the ability to think deeply about their educational programs and develop new and innovative approaches to congregational education in the 21st century. CSI2 is funded by the Hermelin Davidson Center for Congregational Excellence.
- The Alliance helps to coordinate important joint programming for the congregational schools. Programs such as Tzedakah Experience take place under the umbrella of the Alliance.
- The Alliance provides both financial and educational support for congregations who hold Hebrew Immersion classes as part of their Early Childhood Programs. Meetings with the Hebrew Immersion teachers and guidance from a special consultant help to enhance the instruction that the students receive.
Questions About Our Teachers Program?
Associate Director, School Services and Professional Development