Federation’s Alliance for Jewish Education serves as the community’s central address for Jewish education and identity development, planning and advocacy.
Its mission is to ensure that the community provides the highest quality Jewish education and identity formation services to the largest possible number of people throughout their lives.
Federation’s Alliance serves as the community’s central address for Jewish education planning and advocacy, and provides direct services to various educational constituencies (synagogues, schools, educators, institutions, etc.) by:
- Conducting and coordinating community planning in Jewish education (conduct needs assessments; in partnership with appropriate partners develop strategies and programs to fill service gaps and meet emerging needs).
- Providing educational services.
- Playing a strong convening and coordinating role among educational service providers.
- Continuing a specially focused strategic planning role and fulfilling responsibilities in the development, implementation, fiscal management and oversight of current and future projects.
- Identifying, recruiting and developing lay leadership for Jewish education.
- Assisting individual educational institutions in mobilizing the resources of the system around their particular needs.
Questions About Our Education Department?
Director, Alliance for Jewish Education