Federation’s Teen & Young Adult Travel Fund
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit’s unique Get There! program provides funding to help defray costs on trips to Israel, making it possible for more young people to experience a life-changing journey. Available for a wide variety of programs, Get There! travel grants help young Detroiters build a lasting foundation of Jewish identity.
The program is open to Jewish residents of Metro Detroit between the ages of 13 and 28 years old and participating in an educational program for 12 months or less. Get There! is an ideal source of supplementary funding for gap year programs, study abroad opportunities, volunteer work, internships, school trips, university and more!
The Get There! applications are now fully online. The links below will take you to the online portal where you can make an account, edit, view, and share your application in one easy place.
Federation currently offers two kinds of grants; an Incentive Grant and a Need Based Grant. Each applicant may only be awarded one grant from the Get There! fund; either an Incentive Grant or a Need Based Grant, but not both. All applications must be submitted at least 4-weeks before departure. Please find the eligibility requirements below.
» Questions? Email Jacob Allen at email@example.com or call (248) 203-1467
Incentive Grant: Click here.
- Jewish resident of metropolitan Detroit (Oakland, Macomb and Wayne Counties)
- 13 years old through departures commencing 15 months after high school graduation
- First time organized peer trip or educational program
- Program of 1 year or less
- Recognized program to Israel and/or overseas approved by Federation’s Israel & Overseas Department
- Not eligible: JFMD subsidized trips (Including Taglit-Birthright Israel, NEXTGen, and Teen Mission), and previous Get There! Recipients.
*Based on funding availability applications will be reviewed for longer trips, non-first-time trips and for applicants through age 26*
- Up to 42 days — $750
- 43 Days – 1 Year — $1,000
Need Based Grant: Click here.
- Jewish resident of metropolitan Detroit (Oakland, Macomb and Wayne counties)
- Ages 13-28
- Trip must provide a Jewish educational experience
- Does not have to be 1st time to Israel
- Internships and volunteer programs do not qualify at this time (you may submit an Incentive Grant application)
- Program is 12 months or less
- Recognized program to Israel or overseas approved by Federation’s Israel & Overseas Department
- Proven financial need*
- Not eligible: Taglit-Birthright Israel and previous Get There! Recipients
*All applicants will be required to complete a Personal Financial Statement and submit their most recent tax forms to the Israel and Overseas Department including: 1040(s), W-2(s), and State and Business Schedules (C,D,E), if applicable. Consideration may be given to extenuating circumstances.