Sign up for our next trip:
December 23, 2018 – January 3, 2019
Here’s how to pre-register:
- Click here
- Log in through Facebook or your email
- When filling out the initial sign-up form, type that you were referred by NEXTGen Detroit and select “Local Community” from the Trip Types drop-down menu
- Finish the application process
- Wait for us to reach out to you! We promise, we’ll be in touch.
How Detroiters Do Israel
Anyone who has ever gone on a Birthright Israel trip will tell you, it is the experience of a lifetime. A free trip to Israel, traveling from the south to the north, seeing all the iconic sites and hidden gems. You ride a camel, sleep in a Bedouin tent, climb Masada, swim in the Dead Sea, touch the Western Wall, walk the stone streets of Jerusalem, explore the mystic city of Tzfat, and eat all the hummus your heart desires. Ten, non-stop days in the Holy Land on a bus full of your peers has all the makings of an incredible adventure — but our Detroit Community trips offer some special extras that transform ten days of travel into years of memories.
Why choose a Detroit Community Trip?
While most trips have Israelis for half the trip, our Israeli travel mates are with us for the full ten days, allowing us to make real connections and lifelong friendships.
- Our Israeli travel mates (soon to be besties) come from Federation’s partnership region, which we visit for a full day to see “real life” in Israel and the many partnership projects that Detroit and the region share.
- A trip highlight is our Home Hospitality Night where we are invited into our Israeli travel mates’ homes to share a local meal with their families.
- The adventure isn’t over when the trip ends. Traveling with fellow Detroiters means that you can meet up, hang out and build real community connections when you get back to Michigan.
- But wait, there’s more! Every August we bring the Israelis from all three of the year’s trips to Detroit for our Mifgash, a week-long reunion.
Check out these highlights from our most recent Detroit Community Trip: